The girls of Debony Salon hung up their aprons and took a trip to Mexico!
If you’ve joined us at the salon these last few months, you may have heard us mention an impending vacation to Cancun, Mexico. One of our partner companies, L’anza Healing Haircare, hosts an annual event called the B.I.G (Believe.Inspire.Grow) event. This is a hybrid of a conference, training and way to connect with other stylists in our industry! Salon owners, Cosmetologists, and educators alike join in on this three-day event that is punctuated by eight classes focused on business, hair coloring, cutting and styling. The event also included a run-way event for three major editorial concepts created by the L’anza team meant to inspire us and show us what’s on trend within the great world of hair and make-up.
Not to mention the fact that after our classes we had the warm, sunny beaches of Cancun right at our fingertips!
This was a big endeavor the girls of Debony Salon took on. We had to book six flights, two hotel rooms, and transportation, coordinate child care, figure out how to add an international extension to our phones, and renew our passports, but in the end, we made it to Cancun with ease. And we are so glad we did because it was truly a trip of the year!
The education was amazing, and the sun was so welcome as we enter the winter season, but ultimately, it really brought our team at Debony Salon even closer.
Debony, Andy, Tarmey, Cassie, Jaimie and Adina spent five days in Cancun, with three days focused on education and connecting with L’anza stylists. Over the three days, multiple classes were presented…
1) “Stay Out of the ‘N’ Zone,” – this class focused on creating unique and personalized hair colors through creative placements. It provided new tips on how to re-energize hair color for those that are looking for something different but don’t necessarily want to venture into different hair colors than their natural color.
2) “Style Unplugged,” this provided tips and tricks to elevate hairstyles on clients who are not only coming in to have their hair done for special occasions but clients who are looking for a hairstyle they can create with ease after a routine haircut. We learned how to create on-trend braided buns, provide a new twist to the classic ponytail and more.
3) “Pop Color,” – this class was a goldmine of education when it comes to perfecting a clients haircolor. It really focused on creating deep, rich and vibrant reds, utilizing the “Vibes” fashion shade line of L’anza, application techniques to create seamless dimension and new ways to formulate color to achieve different effects witin the same color. This class was truly a stand-out amongst all of the ones we attended and gave us so many usable pieces of infomration to send YOUR hair above and beyond!
4) “Balayage and Beyond,” – the L’anza artists shared new balayage techniques to truly achieve the look of balayage. We learned innovative ways to section hair, apply color and make sure that our balayages look seamless.
5) “Cut to the Finish” – this class was amazing. The cuts they taught us were so unique and eye-catching. They gave us new ways to approach pixie cuts, creating layers and perfecting the “bob.” We were so inspired by the new haircuts they presented and can’t wait to elevate your haircut!
6) “Blon-Demand,” Creating and maintaining blonde hair color is probably one of the most personal endeavors in haircolor. Blonde hair is so nuanced and has so many different aspects to it that can make or break your color. L’anza artists gave us some great information on utilizing L’anza’s color to perfect bright golden blondes to super ashy and beige-y blondes.. They really opened our eyes to using L’anza color differently and provided a whole new avenue of creating the most perfect blonde color for you!
The L’anza B.I.G event was such an amazing experience and we are so glad we took the time to attend it. It has truly transformed the way we see color as we enter the winter season. We’re so inspired and renewed from this trip and we cannot wait to share our inspiration with you!